(Base Race- DWARF, Sub Race- Gold Dwarf)
Shield dwarves, the gold dwarves maintained their great kingdom in the Great Rift and did
not decline in terrible wars against evil humanoids. While they
practices some magic, they never acquired the hubris that caused the
downfall of some human nations. Confident and secure in their remote
home, the gold dwarves gained a reputation for haughtiness and pride.
Since the Thunder Blessing, many young gold dwarves have left the
Great Rift and are exploring the rest of Faerun. The folk of other lands have learned that while some gold dwarves are
aloof and suspicious, for the most part they are forthright warriors and
* Ability Adjustments: +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity.
* Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
* Stonecunning: +2 bonus to Search checks when inside.
* Lore Affinity: +2 bonus to Lore checks.
* Weapon Familiarity: Dwarven waraxes are treated as martial weapons,
rather than exotic weapons.
* Hardiness vs. Poisons: +2 racial bonus to saving throws against
* Hardiness vs. Spells: +2 racial bonus to saving throws against
spells and spell-like effects.
* Battle Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against
monsters of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
* Battle Training vs. Aberrations: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls
* Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass gold dwarf's fighter class
does not count when determining whether he takes and experience point
penalty for multiclassing. Dwarven culture extols the virtues of battle,
and the vocation comes easily to dwarves.