Rock Gnome (Base Race- GNOME, Sub Race- left empty or Rock Gnome)
Rock Gnomes are the most common type of gnomes in Faerun, and are
usually just called gnomes since they are the only sort that surface dwellers ever see. They are inquisitive,
irrepressible and at times insincere. Equipped by nature with keen
curiosity and a knack for mechanical workings, gnomes excel at intricate
crafts such as gemcutting, toymaking and clockwork engineering.
* Ability Adjustment: +2 Constitution, -2 Strength.
* Small: As a Small creature, a gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor
Class, a +1 size bonus to attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus to Hide
checks, but she uses smaller weapons then humans use, and her lifting
and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of Medium character.
* Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in
starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor
* Hardiness vs. Illusions. +2 racial bonus to saving throws against
* Illusion Affinity: +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws
against illusion spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with
those from similar effects, such as the Spell Focus feat.
* Battle Training vs. Goblinoids: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls
against goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
* Battle Training vs. Reptilians: +1 racial bonus to attack rolls
* Battle Training vs. Giants: +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against
monsters of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants)
* Keen Hearing: +2 racial bonus to Listen checks.
* Keen Smell: +2 racial bonus to Craft Alchemy Checks.
* Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass gnome's bard class does not count
when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.